Green Mountain operates two Uptime Institute Tier III certified data centres in Norway, both on 100% low-cost renewable power. The two data centres, DC1-Stavanger and DC2-Telemark were the first Nordic colocation facilities to achieve Uptime Institute Tier III certification. The Stavanger data centre is built deep inside a mountain in a former high-security NATO ammunition storage facility on the west coast of Norway. The data centre benefits from free cooling from the adjacent fjord, achieving world-class efficiency. At the same time, it leverages abundant access to low cost, renewable hydropower. The data centre in Telemark (DC2-Telemark) is located at Rjukan in the Telemark region and is at the heart of the Norwegian hydropower production. There are six large power stations in the immediate vicinity, making it the most robust power point in Europe. Through the data centres and by partnering with high-quality providers, Green Mountain aims to offer even better value to customers and provide efficient and sustainable choices for colocation – green colocation.
Green Mountain achieved Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility to further validate and back up their high availability claims for their customers. They wanted to make sure that they worked with the Uptime Institute team of experts to document their processes and understand any scenarios that can happen, and how to address any issues.
- Appeal to high-end customers and improve competitive positioning in the market by differentiating the company’s sustainability, strength and proven methodology
- Attain further operational efficiencies within the facilities, improving performance, efficiency, and reliability of critical infrastructure
“Any customer with mission-critical data should require their suppliers to be Tier Certified by Uptime Institute. This is the only way for a customer to know that their data centre is built and operated to secure the high level of quality that customers need,” said Svein Atle Hagaseth, CSO, Green Mountain
- Tier Certification of Design Documents
- Tier Certification of Constructed Facility
- Learn More About Green Mountain
- Computer Weekly: "Green Mountain builds tier III datacentre in Norway to lure financial services firms"
- Uptime Institute Journal: "Tier III Certified Facilities Prove Critical to Norwegian Colo’s Client Appeal"
- Green Mountain Wins Prestigious Award At Datacloud Europe 2018